Membership in ORAHEAD brings you the latest, up-to-date information regarding current best practices in higher education disability services in the state of Oregon. Members also receive:
- access to our listserv, where members have the opportunity to ask questions and share their expertise
- current legal compliance information and resources
- opportunities to network with disability service professionals across the state
- reduced registration rate for our annual fall and spring conferences
If you have any questions regarding ORAHEAD membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institutional Membership Program
ORAHEAD has an institutional membership program, which allows the membership(s) to be “owned” by the College or University. These memberships are transferrable in the event an individual vacates their position or no longer wishes to be a member of ORAHEAD. In addition to the ability to transfer memberships, the institution will also receive a discount on the per person cost for Institutional Gold or Institutional Platinum membership. Members designated by an institution are considered to have the same rights and responsibilities as Professional Members (described below), are entitled to one vote per person, and are eligible to hold office.
Annual Dues for the Institutional Membership Program:
- Institutional Silver: $40.00 per member for 1-2 Professional Members
- Institutional Gold: $36.00 per member for 3-4 Professional Members
- Institutional Platinum: $32 per member for 5 or more Professional Members (There are no limits on the
number of individuals that can join under the Institutional Platinum membership.)
Professional membership is open to academic personnel engaged in the administration or provision of services enhancing postsecondary educational opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Members in good standing are encouraged to attend one ORAHEAD conference/meeting each year.
- Professional members are eligible for: voting, holding office, and serving on committees. Upon receiving the
application and payment, professional members will be added to the ORAHEAD listserv.
Annual Dues: $40.00
Pre-professional membership is open to any postsecondary student engaged in training for the administration or provision of services enhancing postsecondary educational opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Requirements: A current ORAHEAD member in good standing must sponsor pre-professional members.
- Pre-professional members are eligible for: Serving on committees. Upon receiving the application, sponsor information, and payment, pre-professional members will be added to the ORAHEAD listserv.
- Pre-professional members are not eligible for: voting or holding office.
Annual Dues for Pre-professional Members: $20.00
Associate Professional Membership
Associate professional membership is open to persons who share an interest in the administration or provision of services enhancing postsecondary educational opportunities for students with disabilities. This level of membership includes, but is not limited to, people who work in related fields.
- Requirements: A current ORAHEAD member in good standing must sponsor associate professional members. Associate members may participate in the association’s listserv if they are welcomed to the listserv by the member who sponsored them.
- Associate members are encouraged to attend one ORAHEAD conference/meeting each year.
- Associate professional members are eligible for: serving on committees and access to the association’s professional listserv (see requirements above).
- Associate professional members are not eligible for: voting or holding office.
Annual Dues for Associate Professional Members: $20.00
Emeritus membership is open to academic personnel previously engaged in the administration or provision of services enhancing postsecondary educational opportunities for students with disabilities. This level of membership includes former ORAHEAD members or retirees from the field.
- Emeritus members are eligible for: voting, holding office, and serving on committees. Upon receiving the application and payment, emeritus members will be added to the ORAHEAD listserv.
Annual Dues for Emeriti members: $20.00
A principal or agent of a fee-for-service agency or company that has a product or service of value to students with disabilities or to staff of colleges or universities that serve students with disabilities may join ORAHEAD as a vendor member.
- Attend the Fall/Spring conference at the member rate
- Have sponsorship opportunities at ORAHEAD Conferences
- Advertise on the ORAHEAD listserv once every three months (to be coordinated through the Communications Officer)
Vendors may not:
- Hold office on the ORAHEAD Board
- Vote on motions set forth by the ORAHEAD board to the membership
- Subscribe to the ORAHEAD listserv
In addition, if any members are eligible for membership as a vendor and under another category, they will be expected to use their professional judgment in cases in which their participation in ORAHEAD may be a conflict of interest with their vendor business. It is the recommendation of the ORAHEAD Board that such members use discretion and recuse themselves from any action that might be perceived as a conflict of interest, including but not limited to voting, participation in listserv discussions, and participation on committees. The board will communicate any concerns about possible conflicts of interest by vendors who also are eligible for membership under another category, and may take corrective action if the member does not self-monitor.
Annual Dues for Vendor members: $40.00