Thursday, November 8
10:15 a.m. to 11:15 p.m.
This session is designed for new professionals and will provide basic foundational information and a context for our profession.
- Understand the legal framework that we work within
- Explore historical lessons and identities related to disability
- Discuss philosophical constructs and how they impact practice
- Learn to navigate campus relationships to ensure access is a shared responsibility
- Staley – Disability 101 (PPT)
- Staley – Disability 101 (PDF)
- Staley – The Professional Interview (DOCX)
Stephanie Staley has been involved in education for more than 20 years. She studied Secondary Education at Corban University, and received her M.S. in English Education from Western Oregon University. Prior to becoming the Disability Support Services Coordinator at Concordia University in 2014, she was a high school English teacher and then an adjunct instructor trying to convince college students that theatre and public speaking was fun. Stephanie currently spends her free time traveling with her husband and cheering on her 3 daughters at soccer games, dance recitals, and choir concerts.