Thursday, November 3
9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
Jen Dugger, Louann Brant, Gabriel Merrell, and Annie Jenkins
Panelists will speak from a variety of backgrounds and experiences regarding the complexities in determining accommodations within university housing for students with disabilities.
- What University policies or guidelines are your institutions looking to in providing support animal accommodations and what are some of the more unique features of those policies?
- How are your institutions managing requests for emotional support/therapy animals for students who live in campus housing?
- How is your institution managing the increasing frequency of requests for single rooms or rooms with private bathrooms?
- What strategies is your institution using to collaborate closely with housing?
- How is your institution managing safety plans for students with disabilities who live in campus housing, specifically, students who are Deaf/hard of hearing, blind/low vision, wheelchair users.
- How is your institution managing the requests for access to independent kitchens to accommodate food allergies?