The 2015 Spring Conference will be held at Portland State University in Portland, OR on April 23rd and 24th.
View the detailed conference agenda.
Thursday, April 23rd, 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Location – Smith Memorial Student Union (SMSU) Rooms 296 and 298
The preconference sessions will run from 1pm to 5pm and will consist of one 2-hour breakout session of your choice (Disability 101 or CORE) and an all pre-conference session from Access Technologies, Inc., ATI. Check in will occur between 12:30 and 1:00pm.
- Preconference Breakout 1 – Disability 101, 1:00-2:45 p.m.. The preconference will provide an opportunity for both new professionals and seasoned professionals to reflect on the philosophical underpinnings of our profession, review commonly used procedures and forms, and identify opportunities for mentorship. Facilitated by members of the ORAHEAD Board. Presentation materials will be provided in advance electronically to all who register for this precon. Limited copies will also be provided in person.
- Preconference Breakout 2 – Collaboration of Rehabilitation and Education (CORE), 1:00-2:45 p.m.. The preconference will provide an opportunity for college personnel to work collaboratively with Vocational Rehabilitation and the Oregon Commission for the Blind.
- Preconference Group Session – Presented by Assistive Technology, Inc. (ATI), 3:00 to 5:00pm
Friday, April 24th, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location – Native American Student Community Center Rooms 110 and 170
- Check in and breakfast from 8:00-9:00 am
- ADHD Strengths and Strategies
- Supporting Students on the Spectrum
- Updates on AHEAD Initiative and Regional Opportunities
- Disability and Diversity at WOU
- Listserve in Real-time
2015 Spring Conference Registration
Conference Location and Lodging Information
The conference will take place at Portland State University located in the heart of downtown Portland. The preconference will be held in the Smith Memorial Student Union (SMSU) Rooms 296 and 298. The Friday general conference sessions will take place in the Native American Student Community Center Rooms 110 and 170.
There are several hotels located near Portland State University. ORAHEAD recommends exploring options and finding the right hotel that meets your travel needs. Let Google help you find a list of nearby locations. You can also check out Airbnb, which is popular in Portland.
Transportation to Portland State University
Get there via lightrail, bus, or streetcar
Using transit is the easiest way to arrive at Portland State University. Visit the TriMet trip planner to plan your trip. Simply enter Portland State University as your destination.
Get there via car
PSU offers several visitor parking options on campus. Hourly metered parking is available to visitors. Visit PSU’s Parking and Transportation for more information.