The 2015 Spring Conference will be held at Portland State University in Portland, OR on April 23rd and 24th.
Thursday, April 23rd
The preconference will last 4 hours in the afternoon and consist of one 2-hour breakout session of your choice (Disability 101 or CORE) and an all pre-conference session from Access Technologies, Inc., ATI.
- Preconference Breakout 1 – Disability 101. The preconference will provide an opportunity for both new professionals and seasoned professionals to reflect on the philosophical underpinnings of our profession, review commonly used procedures and forms, and identify opportunities for mentorship. Facilitated by members of the ORAHEAD Board. Presentation materials will be provided in advance electronically to all who register for this precon. Limited copies will also be provided in person.
- Preconference Breakout 2 – Collaboration of Rehabilitation and Education (CORE). The preconference will provide an opportunity for college personnel to work collaboratively with Vocational Rehabilitation and the Oregon Commission for the Blind.
- All Pre-Conference Session with Access Technologies, Inc. (ATI)
Friday, April 24th
- Learning Strategies for students who experience ADD
- Guidance for working with students on the Autism Spectrum
- Developing Disability Awareness
More information, including full agenda is coming soon…
2015 Spring Conference Registration
Conference Location and Lodging Information
The conference will take place at Portland State University located in the heart of downtown Portland.
There are several hotels located near Portland State University. ORAHEAD recommends exploring options and finding the right hotel that meets your travel needs. Let Google help you find a list of nearby locations. You can also check out Airbnb, which is popular in Portland.
Transportation to Portland State University
Get there via lightrail, bus, or streetcar
Using transit is the easiest way to arrive at Portland State University. Visit the TriMet trip planner to plan your trip. Simply enter Portland State University as your destination.
Get there via car
PSU offers several visitor parking options on campus. Hourly metered parking is available to visitors. Visit PSU’s Parking and Transportation for more information.